Saturday, November 15, 2008

Home

I have a journal, and a Facebook. I guess the Facebook is primarily for the networking aspect of just being able to be in contact with everyone quickly. It's like the Walmart of the internet; it's convenient, even though it is pretty much slave labor. Ok, so it's nothing like that at all. And my journal is really a no-nonsense, unedited perspective, and I'd rather not have everyone rummaging through that.

So here is this blog. As college goes by, I find myself slowing down more and more to take a look at everything that is going by so quickly. This will have reflections, songs, perspectives, and whatever else may come. I may not keep up with it at all, or only get around to it every now. But let's find out together.

I got the page title from the Ben Gibbard song 'You Remind Me of Home.'

I live four hours from my home, and every time that I leave the sleepy town of California PA, I feel like I'm leaving a piece of me behind. But when I arrive at my actual home there is just this warm feeling. That might be because I only go home for breaks, and two-thirds of my breaks are during the winter when my house is literally warmer than the outside. Temperature aside, there is security and peace of mind. Sometimes you have to leave to know what it all meant to you.

And wherever we go we find people who remind us of others. How they look, how they act, and we're reminded of where we've come from. And those people have influenced us into who we are. And that's the motivation behind this blog; it's going to be various snapshots of who I am, and who I'm becoming, and the relentless persuit of home.

2 comments:

Tylo said...

I used this blog theme once.

Unknown said...

the return of the blog...
it seems fitting that you would return to blogspot, seeing as that's where our blogging adventures began. (seeing this...kind of makes me want to start one again) although i ask myself, with what time will I venture a blog? annnyways, hope to see this become a habit.


ps. come home! life has gotten substantially more boring since we got disconnected.

pps. the word verifiation i had to fill out to leave a comment is "noscor".... is that a word? i'm pretty sure even if it was a word, it wouldn't count.