Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm Just A Man (Under All of the Under Armour)

Well for the past week, the snow has really begun to hit Western Pennsylvania. Which is going to make for an interesting cross state adventure when I tackle the Turnpike on a heartbreakingly beautiful Kawasaki Ninja 500.

That's right Ladies, Gents, and the occasional cat wandering by their owners computer, my motorcycle and I will be heading out immediately following the conclusion of my Oral Comm. class on Tuesday. Google Maps is telling me that the journey is about 250 miles. That used to make my wallet cry. Now my wallet smiles cozily in my back pocket.

Yesterday, to take the trip seriously (as seriously as one can be taken on a 250 mile trek across a wintry North Eastern state) I bought myself an abundance of Under Armour. I got fleece lined gloves, which fit perfectly inside of my already warm winter Walmart gloves, coming to a total of two gloves per hand. I also got Cold Gear leggings, which I will wear underneath my jeans. I'll also be wearing a pair of pajama pants in between those layers. My favorite new addition are my Under Armour socks which were made for winter sports. I consider winter motorcycle riding to be a pretty extreme winter sport, and so far my toes have never felt warmer. Lastly, I bought a Ninja looking mask to slide over my face and keep my head warm.

So that takes care of the cold. But what about the ice? What about the snow? What about the wintry elements?! Well.. I'm not entirely sure. Today after my last class I will be riding out to test my new purchases to see if 1) Under Armour is all it's cracked up to be and 2) to see how many more precautions I'm going to take in order to make it a safe and enjoyable ride.

Indeed, this will be a November to remember.



No comments: